Our Trusts & Estates group has been a focus of the firm since it was founded over 40 years ago. We understand that planning in today’s economic and legal climate poses dynamic and threatening challenges to those individuals and families with significant wealth. Issues such as business succession, estate and gift tax, generation-skipping transfer tax, asset protection, charitable giving and income tax all need to be addressed and consistently reviewed in this ever-changing area of law. All of the attorneys in our Trusts & Estates group have a Master’s of Law in Taxation, which provides a necessary foundation to implementing sophisticated techniques that are customized for each of our clients.
Instruments and Techniques
We understand that each client has different goals and problems, and that there is not one singular plan that will work for each client. Our attorneys use a wide variety of instruments and techniques in creating each unique client plan.
Meet the Team
- Pitfalls of Using Joint Revocable Trusts
- Estate Planning for Everyone
- I Don’t Need to Worry About the Estate Tax—or Do I?
- Asset Protection – The Basics
- Planning for College Costs
- The New 3.8% Medicare Tax on Unearned Income: What You Need to Know
- American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012: The Ins, Outs, and Threshold Amounts
- Using Limited Liability Companies in Estate Planning
- Survivorship Rights in Joint Bank Accounts
- Gifts of Business and Investment Opportunities and Uncompensated Services: A Loophole?
- Nicholas J. Grimaudo and Thomas D. Sims accepted into the Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- The New Frontier of Same-Sex Estate Planning
- How to Save Estate & Gift Taxes with Grantor Trusts: The Basics
- Proposed Treasury Regulations – An End to Discounts?
- Know The Probate Rules To Keep Your Case Alive When The Defendant Dies
- Philip Nodhturft Joins Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP
- Is My Interest In The Trust Protected From Creditors?
- Brandon D. Bellew Named To Florida Bar Probate Rules Committee
- ‘Twas The Season: A Gift Or Not A Gift