Caitlin M. Powell joined the Trust & Estates team of Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP, as a probate, trust, and guardianship litigator in July 2019. Caitlin represents individuals and entities across Florida in a range of matters related to probate, trust and guardianship administration and disputes.
Caitlin has focused her career on probate, trust and guardianship law since law school, when she volunteered at the North Florida Office of Public Guardian, Inc., and worked with attorneys practicing trusts and estates law in Tallahassee and Tampa. After law school, Caitlin first practiced in Naples, Florida focusing on estate and trust administration and litigation. Caitlin then practiced in Miami, Florida, focusing on probate, trust and guardianship administration and litigation, including matters involving undue influence, exploitation of vulnerable adults, and civil theft.
Caitlin is an active member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar and is a member of the Probate Law and Procedure Committee and the Guardianship, Power of Attorney, and Advance Directives Committee. Caitlin was born and raised in Tampa, Florida and enjoys visiting the Tampa Bay area’s spectacular beaches and parks.
Distinctions and Memberships
- The Florida Bar (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section)
- Member, Probate Law and Procedure Committee of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member, Guardianship, Power of Attorney and Advance Directives Committee of the Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Co-Chair, Office of Public and Professional Guardians Suspension Procedures Subcommittee of the Guardianship, Power of Attorney and Advance Directives Committee of the Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Vice-Chair, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar Annual Guardianship CLE 2019
- Member, Clearwater Bar Association
- Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2015
- Jessup Moot Court Team, 2014 and 2015
- Journal of Transnational Law and Policy
- Highest Grade Designation in Gratuitous Transfers (Trusts & Estates) and Global Regulation of the Pharmaceutical Sector (Upper-Level Writing Course)
- Florida State University, B.A., Classics (concentration in Latin), Religion Minor, 2012