Nick attended Stetson University College of Law, simultaneously earning his Juris Doctor (JD) and Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) degrees. During that time, he served as an intern to the Honorable Elizabeth A. Kovachevich at the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division. There, he gained invaluable insight into various aspects of the law and the judicial decision-making process, ultimately helping him decide to focus his practice on taxation and estate planning matters.
Nick then attended the University of Florida Graduate Tax Program, earning his LL.M in Taxation at the nation’s # 1 public university for tax law. Following his degree, he then worked for a prestigious law firm representing individuals with a variety of litigation concerns. Now, Nick has joined the Johnson Pope family with the intent to use his diverse skillset to aid businesses and individuals with all their needs. Nick’s practice involves estate planning and business succession planning across a multitude of different industries, as well as drafting the necessary documents to implement those plans.
Distinctions & Memberships
- Admitted to The Florida Bar
- Admitted to the United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Admitted to the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Admitted to the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Tax Law Society
Recognized as the top student and book award recipient in the following courses:
- International Tax I
- Sales, Leases, and Licenses (UCC Art. II)
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society – Graduated 1st in the class for JD/MBA students
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award
- Stetson Law Student Ambassador – Deputy Chief
- Stetson Law Tax Law Society – Secretary
- University of Florida, LL.M. in Taxation, 2017
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2016
- Stetson University, M.B.A., 2016
- University of Florida, BSBA in Finance, 2012
When He’s Not Working Hard for Clients
Whether it is on the golf course, or on the water, Nick enjoys all aspects of the outdoors. He also enjoys his own personal fitness, spending time with his dog, Bam Bam, and traveling the world to new destinations.