As one of the most diverse practices in the firm, our Business & Tax Law group represents professional individuals, closely held businesses and publicly traded corporations in matters ranging from contract negotiations, executive compensation and accounting matters to venture capital financing, mergers and acquisitions, and initial public offerings. Our team brings a unique combination of skills and background, including significant experience with international accounting and finance firms, as well as time with the Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington.
The Business & Tax Law group deals with a high volume of sophisticated engagements, providing clients with structured and informed counsel in solving each problem and completing each transaction in the most efficient and technically sound manner.
Meet the Team
- Franchising and Business Opportunity World
- I Don’t Need to Worry About the Estate Tax—or Do I?
- Asset Protection – The Basics
- Planning for College Costs
- The New 3.8% Medicare Tax on Unearned Income: What You Need to Know
- American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012: The Ins, Outs, and Threshold Amounts
- Estate Planning Beyond the “Fiscal Cliff”
- Cronin’s Corner – Franchising
- CRONIN’S CORNER – The Executive Employment Agreement
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules in Landmark Same-Sex Cases
- New LLC Act: Proper Planning Prevents Pitfalls
- Meet Our Business & Tax Law Group
- CRONIN’S CORNER – Our Manufacturing Roots Run Deep
- “Property Tax Exemptions or Classifications – Are You Getting What You Deserve?”
- Social Security Planning – Not as Easy as You Think
- CRONIN’S CORNER – Fiduciary Duties of Not for Profit Corporation Directors
- Have a Florida Limited Liability Company? Time to Act
- Florida Legislature Tables Tax Relief for Commercial Tenants
- Using Limited Liability Companies in Estate Planning
- Gifts of Business and Investment Opportunities and Uncompensated Services: A Loophole?
- Review of Designation of Health Care Surrogate
- Update: Businesses May Now be Entitled to Damages for Unfair and Deceptive Practices
- Welcome Dee Menzer
- Meet Our Tax Team
- How to Save Estate & Gift Taxes with Grantor Trusts: The Basics
- Appealing Ad Valorem Tax Assessments
- Time to Update Your Operating Agreement?
- Philip Nodhturft Joins Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP
- Tax Reform & Year-End Planning Advice
- Is My Interest In The Trust Protected From Creditors?
- Earnouts – Seller Pitfalls And Risks
- ‘Twas The Season: A Gift Or Not A Gift