Dan is a veteran trial lawyer who has been board certified as a specialist in civil trial law by the Florida Bar for over 15 years. During that time, he has enjoyed an AV Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings and has successfully defended clients in both State and Federal courts throughout the state of Florida. Over the last 25 years, Dan has tried cases in Tampa, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and several other rural jurisdictions throughout Florida. He has obtained defense verdicts on behalf of his clients in a variety of cases including those involving wrongful death, catastrophic injury, allegedly defective products, slip and fall cases, repetitive trauma, breach of contract and allegedly defective workplace conditions. His practice concentrates on civil defense with particular emphasis on railroad, amusement park, pharmacy and trucking accident cases.
In addition to trying cases, Mr. Fleming has extensive appellate experience and has argued appeals on behalf of his clients before four of the five District Courts of Appeal for the State of Florida, the Florida Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeal for the 11th Circuit.
Dan is a partner in Johnson Pope’s Tampa office.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Jesuit Alumni Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
Awards & Recognitions
- AV Preeminent™, Martindale Hubbell
- YMCA Youth Sports Coach 1999-2008
- American Coaches Association 2004-2014
- Christ the King Catholic Church
- Palma Ceia Golf and Country Club
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Washington & Jefferson College, B.A. (1987)
- Dean’s List
- Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honors Society)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D. (1990)