Full Charge Bookkeeper│Staff Accountant
Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP is seeking a full-time, experienced Staff Accountant│Full Charge Bookkeeper to perform a wide variety of accounting duties. Candidates must have at least five (5) years demonstrated staff accounting/bookkeeping experience; preferably in a law firm environment.
The candidate must demonstrate experience with full-cycle accounting, handling all aspects of general ledger, A/P, A/R; journal entries, client billing, posting of client payments, bank reconciliations, financial statements, ad-hoc reporting, etc. Candidates should submit a detailed resume, references and salary requirements.
- Perform a full array of law firm administrative and accounting functions such as client billing, trust accounting, bank reconciliations, journal entries, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Experience and ability to perform essential billing functions from preparing and distributing pre-bills to full cycle partner interaction.
- Experience in all facets of managing client trust funds, to include posting incoming wires and deposits and disbursing funds (outgoing wires and checks).
- Experience assisting with the monthly general ledger close, account analysis, bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Proven ability to effectively identify and solve problems, obtain, understand, and input data accurately and prepare timely and accurate reports.
- Assist on projects as directed.
- Exceptional understanding of Florida Bar Rules concerning client trust accounts.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in Aderant software a plus
- Ability to meet competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills conducive to working with a wide range of personalities and levels through the organization
- Motivated self-starter with a positive attitude
- Willingness to work both independently and as part of a team in a deadline-driven environment.
- A consultative client service approach and ability to support the needs of our clients while protecting the rules governing IOTA accounts.
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize and make decisions in the best interest of the client and the firm
- Law Firm or Professional Services experience highly preferred.
Office Location: Clearwater, FL
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Firm.
Please submit resumes via the email below. Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.
Rosa Nunez, SHRM-CP, HR Coordinator│Benefits Administrator