Legal Administrative Assistant
Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP, “Firm,” is seeking a full-time experienced Legal Administrative Assistant for our Tampa office. The LAA will perform a variety of legal administrative duties. Major duties include providing comprehensive and efficient administrative and secretarial support, preparing and editing correspondence and legal document and maintaining paper and electronic files. The Firm strives to produce the highest quality of work in a friendly, collegial work environment.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate professionalism, integrity, confidentiality, initiative, flexibility, organizational skills, client service skills and the ability to be proactive. Qualified candidates must also possess mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as electronic document management systems. The ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks based on business needs is essential. Experience with Real Estate Law practice area is strongly desired, but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist attorneys in drafting, proofreading, and editing various documents for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, format and content
- Answer telephone and handle routine questions from clients and team members and/or route calls to appropriate staff members
- Assist with the organization of client materials and attorney work product within our document management system
- Perform administrative duties, such as client file management, general correspondence, expense reports, check requests, etc.
- Efficiently and thoroughly understand how to use all necessary Firm software
- Schedule appointments and meetings and keep appointment calendars for the candidate’s team of attorneys
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Client service oriented
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint with aptitude to learn other systems/programs
- Ability to file documents in Florida courts
- Advanced Adobe professional and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Effectively communicate and integrate with clients
Educational/Job Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma from an accredited institution
- Three (3) years of law firm experience preferred
- Availability for overtime as needed
Office Location: Tampa, FL
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Firm.
Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. Please submit resumes via the email below.
Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP
Rosa Nunez HR Coordinator│Benefits Administrator
911 Chestnut Street
Clearwater, FL 33756