Commercial Real Estate Legal Administrative Assistant
Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP, “Firm,” is seeking a full-time experienced Commercial Real Estate Legal Administrative Assistant for our Clearwater office. The Commercial Real Estate LAA will perform a variety of legal administrative duties. Major duties include providing comprehensive and efficient administrative and secretarial support, preparing and editing correspondence and legal document and maintaining paper and electronic files.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate professionalism, integrity, confidentiality, initiative, flexibility, organizational skills, client service skills and the ability to be proactive. Qualified candidates must also possess mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as electronic document management systems. The ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks based on business needs is essential. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of commercial real estate transactional experience and comfortable with drafting, editing and proofreading legal documents.
The Commercial Real Estate LAA will provide support to the real estate group, with specific emphasis on acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, financing, and development deals with national and local builders and developers. The Firm strives to produce the highest quality of work in a friendly, collegial work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist attorneys in drafting, proofreading, and editing (i.e. “redline”) various documents for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, format and content
- Assist with pre and post-transaction closing
- Review and edit pre-bills, ensure they are ready for attorneys’ review and approval
- Ensure that the clients’ billing requirements are correctly set up
- Input and edit attorneys’ time
- Maintain attorneys’ client contact information
- Assist with running conflict checks, opening and closing of client matters
- Answer telephone and handle routine questions from clients and team members and/or route calls to appropriate staff members
- Assist with the organization of client materials and attorney work product within our document management system
- Perform administrative duties, such as client file management, general correspondence, expense reports, check requests, etc.
- Efficiently and thoroughly understand how to use all necessary Firm software
- Schedule appointments and meetings and keep appointment calendars for the candidate’s team of attorneys
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Client service oriented
- Ability to understand, edit and proof various documents related to conveyances, acquisitions, leases and financing, using redlining applications
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint with aptitude to learn other systems/programs
- Familiarity in using an electronic document management system. Experience in Filesite / iManage is a plus
- Ability to file/record documents in official records
- Advanced Adobe professional and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Effectively communicate and integrate with clients
Educational/Job Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma from an accredited institution
- Two (2) years of work experience as a Commercial Real Estate LAA in a Law Firm
- Availability for overtime as needed
Office Location: Clearwater, FL
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Firm.
Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, pregnancy, familial status, actual or perceived status as a victim of domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, or any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
No phone calls please. Please submit resumes via the email below.
Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP
Rosa Nunez HR Manager
911 Chestnut Street
Clearwater, FL 33756