Health Care Attorney
Johnson Pope Boker Ruppel & Burns, LLP. – Health Care law attorney with at least 5 years’ experience wanted for large regional multi-specialty law firm with offices in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater, Florida. We are seeking an experienced health care attorney to join our growing health care law practice consisting of 13 attorneys including 4 attorneys Board Certified in Health Law by The Florida Bar. Our practice represents a broad range of clients across the full spectrum of health care issues, including business, regulatory, administrative and litigation matters. This position will be located in Tampa or St. Petersburg. Strong business and regulatory background preferred. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Send letter of interest and resume to Evelyn Delgado, Chief Operating Officer @email@example.com.
Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Attorney
Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP seeks a determined and entrepreneurial attorney to join our thriving practice. We offer the opportunity to lead and establish an expansion of our intellectual property practice into the areas of data privacy and cybersecurity. Johnson Pope offers a collegial and dynamic environment and a diverse team of partners who serve in a wide variety of practice areas. The focus of this role is to assist our clients and partners, by collaborating with industry and subject matter experts in expanding our services into the complex and challenging area of Cybersecurity and Data Privacy.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to work collegiately, take initiative, and assume a leadership role in building a Cybersecurity team. The candidate should have a background in technology and the law applicable to cybersecurity matters. Familiarity with federal and state data privacy and security laws is essential. Additional preferences would include internships or experience in health care (HIPAA) compliance activities, investigation and responses to data breaches, and responses to enforcement actions.
- This role will provide comprehensive legal counsel on all data privacy and security laws and related regulations under the mentorship of our senior partners and in collaboration with external technical business partners.
- Assist with negotiations of data privacy and security provisions in internal and 3rd party contracts/agreements.
- Coordinate with internal and external IT business partners to develop consistent processes for compliance with all data security administrative, physical and technical safeguards.
- Advise the Firm’s partners and their clients on IT Security Policy and Procedure Development best practices.
- Assist senior partners in the development of a client technical program/strategy from the standpoint of IT security regulatory compliance.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Information Technology or another applicable field
- Solid foundation in data privacy and security
- Excellent Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent writing, research, negotiation, and communication skills
Tampa │St. Petersburg │Clearwater, FL
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Firm.
Please submit resumes via the email below. Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.
Evelyn Delgado | Chief Operating Officer
401 E. Jackson Street, Suite 3100
Tampa, FL 33602