Jessica is an associate in the firm’s Tampa office. She focuses her practice on general health care compliance; licensure; privacy and security; and other health care regulatory and business matters.
While in law school, Jessica externed with the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings and with the Honorable Elizabeth W. McArthur of the Middle District of Florida. She also interned with the University of Florida J. Hillis Miller Health Center Self-Insurance Program. Jessica further participated in the Florida State University Law Review as an Executive Editor, and she participated in the FSU Business Review as the Managing Editor. Jessica is also a legal scholar for the National Space Society’s Legal Program for the 2020-2022 cycle.
Prior to law school, Jessica was a Board Certified Behavior Analyst® for approximately ten years and maintains her national certification as well as licensure through the Virginia Board of Medicine. As a behavior analyst, she previously sat on multiple Local Review Committees for the Tampa Bay Area through the Florida Agency for Persons with Disabilities. While obtaining a second master’s in public health practice, Jessica interned with the Eastern Virginia Medical School through their Community Health Pediatric and Car Safety Programs. She holds a Certification in Public Health by the National Board of Public Health Examiners.
Distinctions and Memberships
- Admission to The Florida Bar in 2021
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst®
- Licensed Behavior Analyst with the Virginia Board of Medicine
- Certified Public Health by NBPHE
- University of West Florida, B.A. Psychology (summa cum laude); Minors: Substance Abuse, Education, Exceptional Student Education, Child Welfare, and Social Welfare
- Florida State University-Panama City, M.S. Psychology, Specialty in Applied Behavior Analysis
- University of South Florida, M.P.H., Public Health Practice
- Florida State University College of Law, (magna cum laude)
- Dean’s List: Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Fall 2020, Fall 2020, Spring 2021
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Book Awards: Health Law; Drug Regulation; Global Public Health and Pharmaceuticals; Constitutional Law II; Employment Law; Contract Drafting; Space Law
- Florida State University Law Review
- FSU Business Review
- National Space Society’s Legal Scholars Program, 2020-2022
Jessica K. Andrews, In the Danger Zone: The Call for Reshoring Pharmaceutical Manufacturing to Reduce the Vulnerability of the United States’ Supply Chains to War Tactics, Florida State University Journal of Transnational Law & Policy (upcoming).