Brandon D. Bellew, a partner at Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP, provides outstanding representation in the areas of trust, estate and guardianship litigation and has done so during his entire career. He represents clients throughout Florida in all types and phases of contested issues relating to trusts, estates and guardianships.
He frequently writes articles and lectures on trust, estate and guardianship litigation topics. He is very active in the Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section where he serves on its Executive Council, is active on the Trust Law, Probate Law and Procedure and Probate & Trust litigation committees and currently serves as a Vice Chair of the Guardianship, Power of Attorney and Advanced Directives Committee. Brandon is also currently serving as the President of the Clearwater Bar Association, 2018-2019.
Brandon has been recognized for his professional accomplishments by being named Best Lawyers® 2019 Litigation Clearwater – Trusts and Estates – “Lawyer of the Year”, listed in The Best Lawyers® in America for Litigation- Trusts and Estates (2018, 2019), recognized as a Rising Star in the practice area of Estate and Trust Litigation by Super Lawyers (2010, 2015-2018) and by earning an Avvo “Superb” 10.0 rating.
Brandon’s cases are often highly emotional and sensitive because they involve family disputes relating to the recent death or incapacity of a loved one. He approaches his cases with a problem solver mindset. While he is an experienced trial attorney and aggressively pursues his clients’ desired outcomes, he believes that most cases should be resolved outside of the courtroom because often, that is the most efficient and cost-effective way to give his clients the best results possible.
When Brandon is not practicing law, he spends his time with his family and coaching youth basketball and flag football.
- The Best Lawyers in America® “Lawyer of the Year” 2019 for Clearwater – Trusts and Estates
- The Best Lawyers in America® for Litigation- Trusts and Estates, Since 2018
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2015-2018) Estate and Trust Litigation
- Graduate of the Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (2017)
- Avvo “Superb” 10.0 rating.
- Leadership Pinellas Class of 2013
- The Florida Bar’s Probate Rules Committee, 2018- present
- President of the Clearwater Bar Association, 2018- 2019
- President Elect of the Clearwater Bar Association, 2017- 2018
- Clearwater Bar Association Board of Directors, 2013-2016
- Chair of the Clearwater Bar Probate and Guardianship Section, 2014-2016
- Vice Chair, Guardianship, Power of Attorney and Advanced Directives Committee of the Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, 2017- present
- Former Chair of Sixth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee 6E
- Admitted to The Florida Bar in 2006
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida (2006)
- The Florida Bar (Real Property, Probate and Trust Section)
- Executive Council of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Association (Probate and Real Property)
- American Bar Association
- Head Coach of back to back East Lake Flag Football 5th and 6th Grade Division Spring League champions
- Head Coach for Safety Harbor Recreation Basketball League, 11 to 13-year-old division, 2018 Summer League champions
- Former youth basketball coach, Sun Coast YMCA
- Member of the Board of the Dunedin Fine Arts Center Planned Giving Committee
- University of South Florida B.A. 2003
- Stetson University J.D., 2006; M.B.A., 2006
- ‘Twas The Season: A Gift Or Not A Gift
- Is My Interest In The Trust Protected From Creditors?
- Know The Probate Rules To Keep Your Case Alive When The Defendant Dies
- Survivorship Rights in Joint Bank Accounts
- HOMESTEAD, you may own it but that does not mean you control it.
- 32 Lawyers From Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP Recognized In “The Best Lawyers In America®” 2019 – Three Recognized As “Lawyer Of The Year” In Their Respective Practice Areas
- Brandon D. Bellew Sworn In As Clearwater Bar Association President for 2018-2019 Term
- Brandon D. Bellew Named To Florida Bar Probate Rules Committee
- 30 Lawyers from Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP Recognized in “The Best Lawyers in America®” 2018 and Two Partners as “Lawyer of the Year” in Their Areas of Practice
- Brandon D. Bellew accepted into the Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Brandon Bellew Named Partner