For more than two decades, Matt Taylor has spent his time guiding clients though their construction matters from concept to groundbreaking to ribbon cutting. A sixth generation Floridian, Matt was raised in his family’s construction business making the transition to client’s needs a seamless transition.
Matt has extensive litigation/trial, arbitration and mediation experience in all facets of residential construction, industrial construction, commercial construction, and site development/permitting matters. He also has experience handling complex matters and has a broad reach throughout the State of Florida in Administrative, State Circuit and Federal Courts, as well as throughout the United States.
Representative litigation matters include but are not limited to: construction defect disputes; multi-million-dollar commercial/residential/industrial construction disputes; delay damage disputes; massive development/real property disputes; commercial contract litigation; commission disputes; fidelity, bond and surety law disputes; public contract law; construction completion; Florida lien law; Federal Miller Act claims; faulty design/engineering; AIA/AAA Arbitration; permitting disputes; licensing disputes; as well as bid protests and warranty claims.
Matt also has significant trial experience before DOAH on complex development, Environmental Resource Permitting, and construction challenges encompassing up to $750 million dollars. He has handled multi-million-dollar developer bond foreclosures through trial and appeal.
He has also acted as special litigation counsel on numerous complex construction litigation matters for Special Taxing Districts within the State of Florida and handled hundreds of cases from start to finish in a first chair capacity throughout Florida and across the United States.
Distinctions & Memberships
- Admitted to the Florida Bar
- Admitted to the United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Admitted to the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Admitted to the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Continuing Author/Editor for the Florida Bar’s “Real Property Litigation Handbook” Chapter One Quieting Title and Ejectment.
- Continuing seminar instructor for Construction Industry Continuing Education on Contract/Lien Law/Bond Law in Florida
- Barrister with the National Inns of Court, Manatee Inns
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Reserved for those attorneys winning one million dollars or more for their clients in verdict or settlement.
- Member, Florida Transportation Builders Association
- University of South Florida, College of Business Administration, BS Economics
- Recipient of Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence
- Stetson University, College of Law, Juris Doctor
- Cum Laude
- Honor Court Justice