Luke Markham practices in the area of complex commercial real estate. With more than 20 years of experience, Luke began his career as a commercial appraiser and then was a management associate for a real estate finance group for a major lender where he analyzed, reviewed and underwrote commercial real estate transactions. He left banking to work with a prominent Central Florida home building company serving in several capacities including marketing, land acquisition, development, commercial finance and in-house counsel. Luke also operated a homeowners association management company where he had direct responsibility for eighteen associations and company profitability. Luke’s practice area involves representation of homebuilders, condominium and homeowners associations, Landlord/Tenant work for a national restaurant chain, representation of private equity lenders, borrower representation for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac financing transactions, and acquisition and disposition of multi-family housing and fractured condominiums.
Distinctions & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- First United Methodist Church, Lakeland
- First Vice President and Executive Committee Member, Achievement Academy Charter School
- University of Central Florida, B.A., Finance
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- December 7, 2016 “Understanding Agency Involvement in Commercial Transactions” given to the St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Fall 2018 “Navigating Complex Commercial Real Estate Transactions” given to the Paralegal Association of Florida
When He’s Not Working Hard for His Clients
He is spending time with wife Kate and four boys, competing in triathlons and cycling.