John concentrates his practice in the areas of tax, business transactions, and trusts and estates law. John has experience representing businesses covering the full spectrum of corporate transactions important to businesses today, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate transactions and commercial law, corporate governance, and corporate finance. John has extensive experience advising these businesses on the corporate and tax issues at each stage of their life cycle.
In addition to his corporate practice, John also has significant experience representing individuals and families with respect to their estate planning, wealth preservation, business succession, and tax planning needs. He regularly represents business owners, entrepreneurs, fiduciaries, trust companies, not-for-profit and tax-exempt organizations with their tax planning needs, as well as their trusts and estates matters.
- Florida 2015
- District of Columbia Bar 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America© “Ones to Watch” 2021
- University of Miami School of Law
- LL.M. in Taxation, 2017
- Juris Doctor, 2015
- Florida State University
- Bachelor of Science, 2012
- 47 Lawyers From Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP Recognized By Best Lawyers® 2021 – Four Recognized As “Lawyer of the Year” In Their Respective Practice Area
- The CARES Act Primer – An Introduction to the Largest Emergency Relief Package in US History*
- John P. Martin Joins Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP