Ms. Klapholz concentrates her practice in the area of health care law, representing licensed health care professionals, group practices, health care clinics, medical billing companies, hospices, diagnostic testing facilities, home health agencies, pharmacies, clinical laboratories, not-for-profit charitable health clinics, assisted living facilities, hospitals, and other licensed health care facilities in business and regulatory matters, with a primary focus on the following:
- HIPAA/HITECH compliance, audit defense, and data breach response;
- Health care licensure and certification of professionals and facilities;
- Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, and insurance audits and reimbursement disputes;
- Health care business transactions and day-to-day operational and regulatory advice;
- False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, and Stark Law compliance counseling; and
- Scope of practice and advanced practice provider supervision issues.
Distinctions & Memberships
- Admitted to the Florida Bar, 2011
- Health Law Section
- Administrative Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Health Law Section
- Leadership Institute, Class of 2013
- New Leaders Council Tampa Bay
- Chapter Co-Director, 2017-2019
- Fellow, 2016
- Greater Tampa ACLU Legal Panel
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America© “Ones to Watch” since 2021, Administrative / Regulatory Law, Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, Health Care Law
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2011, cum laude
- Trial Practice Book Award
- Journal of Law and Public Policy, Executive Articles Editor
- Achieved honors in Legal Research and Writing and in Appellate Advocacy
- University of Florida, B.A., 2008, cum laude
- “Did You Know? Increased Limits on Gifts to Medicare & Medicaid Beneficiaries,” The Florida Bar Health Law Section Newsletter, Fall 2018
- “Pre-Claim Review Home Health Demo: Are RAPs at Risk?” The Hillsborough County Bar Association Lawyer, September/October 2016
- “Preemption Prevails: Amendment 7 and the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act,” The Florida Bar Health Law Section Newsletter, coauthor, Spring 2016
- “Patient Privacy,” Florida Bar Health Law Section’s Representing the Physician 2022, April 29, 2022.
- “Practical Tips for Being an Ally: Moving from Feeling to Action,” panelist, Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Diversity & Inclusion Symposium, March 4, 2022.
- “Safe Harbor and COVID-19: Implications for healthcare providers”, U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, Employee Education System, Continuing Education Webinar, September 9, 2021.
- “The Laws and Rules of the Land: What every NP needs to know”, Florida Nurse Practitioner Network 2021 Annual Conference, co-presenter, Aug. 27, 2021.
- “The Agency Rulemaking Process in Florida”, Florida Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses Quarterly Meeting 2020, July 18, 2020.
- “HIPAA 2020: The OCR’s Access Initiative & Enforcement – Are You Ready?”, co-presenter, Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP, Feb. 21, 2020.
- “Chronic Care Remote Physiologic Monitoring”, Ray Howard & Associates, Inc. Annual Seminar, Jan. 11, 2020.
- “Patient’s Right to Access Medical Records Under HIPAA”, Ray Howard & Associates, Inc. Annual Seminar, Jan. 11, 2020.
- “Rapid Fire Solutions to Legal Challenges Facing Your Health Care Business”, presenter on Lessons from OCR’s HIPAA Audit Program, Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP, Nov. 3, 2017.
- “Challenges for Home Health Agencies/Nurse Registries,” The Florida Bar Health Law Section Audio Webcast, co-presenter, December 8, 2015
- “Racial Disparity and the Law,” Stetson University College of Law, panelist, October 14, 2015
- 48 Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns LLP Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers® 2024
- 48 Lawyers from Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023—Four recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” In Their Respective Practice Area
- 46 Lawyers from Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP Recognized In The Best Lawyers In America® 2022—Five Recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” In Their Respective Practice Area
- Jamie Klapholz Named Partner
- 47 Lawyers From Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP Recognized By Best Lawyers® 2021 – Four Recognized As “Lawyer of the Year” In Their Respective Practice Area
- Florida Super Lawyers Recognizes 23 Attorneys from Johnson Pope
- Florida Super Lawyers Recognizes 24 Attorneys From Johnson Pope