Harvey has 40+ years of experience in commercial transactional matters. Closely held businesses, investment firms, and developers rely upon his knowledge and reputation for everything from preparation of organizational documents to complex multi-state commercial real estate transactions.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition, redevelopment, and refinancing of a 500-room hotel on the coast of New Jersey.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition and refinancing of a 274-room flagged hotel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in a multistate refinancing of assisted living facilities and hotels.
- Represented a closely held business in the negotiation, drafting, and closing of commercial leases in Class A properties in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Represented closely held businesses in the negotiation and drafting of shareholder buy-sell agreements.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in the financing, acquisition, and refinancing of a 191,000 square-foot, 300-room flagged hotel in Columbus, Ohio.
- Represented a professional baseball player in connection with multiple business ventures and land development.
- Represented an investment firm in the acquisition and sale of nationwide pools of home mortgages.
- Acted as title insurance agent for more than 300 commercial real estate transactions, including approximately 40 closings for amounts in excess of $10MM.
- Represented Florida-based banks in hundreds of mid-sized commercial loan transactions, both for real estate and asset-based matters.
Distinctions and Membership
- Admitted to The Florida Bar
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
Stetson University College of Law, 1979
Vanderbilt University, 1976
Bachelor of Arts
When He’s Not Working Hard for Clients
A fourth-generation resident of St. Petersburg, Florida, Harvey graduated from St. Petersburg High School, as did his parents, grandmother, and children. Harvey is a long-time active member and past president of his Kiwanis Club, past Commodore of the St. Petersburg Yacht Club, past Chairman and current Board Member of the St. Petersburg YMCA, and a current Board Member of the Downtown Waterfront Parks Foundation. He resides in St. Petersburg with his wife, Kathleen. His main hobbies include fishing, soccer, and the family tradition of sailboat racing.