David works with clients seeking to do business both in the private and public sectors and counsels clients on the proper strategies for successful interactions with city and county government agencies and officials. He represents clients before city and county entities on a wide range of issues, including zoning, land use, comprehensive planning, economic incentive eligibility, developments of regional impact, land development and permitting issues and issues relating to Community Development Districts. David also works with clients seeking to obtain alcohol beverage licenses in Florida on both the licensing and zoning components.
In addition, David has a broader practice of assisting clients in securing the necessary government approvals for controversial projects at the federal, state and local levels. David works with clients to better understand their ultimate business and legal objectives, forming strategies that are both efficient and effective. He acts as an adviser during the initial stages of projects and as an implementer during the course of the approval process. David works with corporations across the country to ensure compliance with local regulations and customs, and coordinates project teams that give projects their best chance at success. He undertakes representation of corporations in front of local, state and federal bodies, and works with clients to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
David also works with groups, boards and other agencies with frequent government interaction in areas relating to responding to government issued RFPs, public funding and grants, public finance, media relations and issues related to litigation and dispute resolution.
Sometimes, litigation becomes the only remaining option to adequately resolve a controversy. David represents clients in state and federal courts and counsels clients to work toward sensible resolutions that fit with their overall business goals and objectives.
Honors & Awards
- Ranking of AV Preeminent
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Land Use & Zoning Law, 2013
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Up and Comer, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2011
- University of Michigan Alumni Association of Tampa Bay, Past President
- Seminole Heights Charter School, Board Member
- Tampa Bay Sports Commission, Board Member
- CDC of Tampa, Real Estate Committee Member
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A., Political Science
- All State Courts in Illinois
- District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- All State Courts in Florida
- District Court for the Middle District of Florida