Dan is an associate in the firm’s Tampa office. He focuses his practice on Litigation and Insurance Defense, with an emphasis on railroad and trucking accident cases. He also has experience litigating ERISA employee benefit cases, and first and third party (premises liability, slip and fall, and homeowner liability) property cases involving national and regional insurers and restaurant chains.
Before becoming an associate, Dan served as a law clerk in the Fairfax County Circuit Court (Virginia) and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims’ Office of Special Masters. Dan also put his military experience to use as an associate attorney at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Board of Veterans’ Appeals.
In law school Dan interned with the U.S. Department of Justice’s Commercial Litigation Branch, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Enforcement Division, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Enforcement Division, and the Circuit Court for Prince George’s County (Maryland).
Memberships and Associations
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- George Mason University School of Law
- Auburn University, Masters in Business Administration
- United States Navy, EA-6B Naval Flight Officer
- United States Naval Academy, Marine Engineering (with merit)