Experienced and Diverse Civil Litigation Team
The Civil Litigation Practice at Johnson Pope is comprised of a diverse team of seasoned attorneys focused on achieving successful outcomes without extraordinary cost. Our litigation team represents a broad spectrum of clients, including small to middle market companies, individuals, local and regional banks, real estate developers, non-profits and medical practice groups. We approach cases from the client’s perspective, working to formulate litigation strategies that best protect and advance each client’s present and future objectives.
Litigating a Full Range of Civil Cases
With over 25 attorneys, our litigation team has the depth of experience necessary to defend and prosecute a full range of significant civil matters, including:
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Class Action
- Securities Arbitration and Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury
- Creditor Rights/Collections
- Probate and Trust
- False Claims Litigation
- Commercial Landlord/Tenant
- Real Estate
- Business Torts
- Non-Compete/Restrictive Covenant/Trade Secret
- Shareholder/Partner Dispute
Our firm is proud of the strong reputation we have built as trial lawyers in state and federal courts and arbitration proceedings. Our attorneys do not shy away from controversial or “unpopular” cases. We are also conscious of litigation expenses and staff matters as efficiently as possible to achieve success for our clients. If there is one distinguishing characteristic of our litigation approach, it is an emphasis on analyzing the dispute at inception with our client’s objectives in mind to map out a case strategy that is specific and unique rather than employing a “one size fits all” litigation model.
In many situations, our team is able to reach an optimal resolution using alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation. Yet, our team always assumes that the case will go to trial. Thus, when a favorable outcome proves to be unattainable in mediation, we are fully prepared to vigorously advocate for our clients’ rights and interests in state and federal court or before arbitrators.
Meet the Team
- Economic recovery is on the BP Horizon
- ‘OnWallStreet’ identifies JP Partner as a top ten power player on the investment advisory industry.
- HOMESTEAD, you may own it but that does not mean you control it.
- Guy Burns Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- CRONIN’S CORNER – Telemedicine Directly Connecting the Patient with the Physician
- PARTNER PROFILE – Chuck Buford
- Beware – Your Referral Sources May Not be Protected
- CLIENT ALERT: The deadline is fast approaching for Deepwater Horizon claims.
- You’ve Been Served
- Stockbrokers and Brokerage Firms Can Be Held Liable for Negligence
- Qui Tam “Whistleblower” Lawsuits Protect Government Against Fraud
- Employers – Non-competition and Confidentiality Agreements Are Tremendous Tools to Protect Your Business
- What You Should Know Before You Sign A Non-Compete Agreement
- Non-Compete Agreements? Are They Worth The Paper They Are Written On?
- BP Claim Important Update
- Referral Sources: Protect Them Like Customers
- White-Collar Crime: Effective November 1, 2015, New Sentencing Amendments Attempt to Make Sense out of the Nonsensical!
- Did You Receive a Drone This Holiday Season?
- FINRA Arbitration Panel Finds Investment Banking Firm Morgan Stanley Smith Barney And Two Of Its Stockbrokers Exploited And Defrauded The Estate Of Former Home Shopping Network Founder Roy M. Speer And His Foundation, Reports Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns
- Update: Businesses May Now be Entitled to Damages for Unfair and Deceptive Practices
- Did A Flu Shot Make You Sick?
- Morgan Stanley Agrees To Settle Charges Related to Inverse ETFs
- Variable Annuities
- Know The Probate Rules To Keep Your Case Alive When The Defendant Dies