Zachary was drawn to the reputation of the firm and caliber of attorneys at Johnson Pope straight out of law school. Much of Zachary’s practice is devoted to intellectual property protection and enforcement and commercial litigation.
Distinctions & Memberships
- Florida Bar Board Certified Intellectual Property Attorney
- Admitted to The Florida Bar – 2001
- Admitted to The United States District Court; Middle, Northern and Southern Districts
- Admitted to The Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals – 2007
- Member of International Trademark Association (INTA) since 2003
- Former Editor of The Trademark Reporter®
- Super Lawyer Rising Star 2009-2013
- Clearwater Bar Association Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Member
- Mid Town Kiwanis President 2010-2012
- Clearwater Rotary Member (2013-Present)
- University of Miami B.S. – 1995; MBA – 1997
- Stetson University College of Law J.D. – 2001
Zachary D. Messa is a Board Certified Intellectual Property attorney. He has lived in Pinellas County since 1998 and joined Johnson Pope in the fall of 2001 after graduating from Stetson University College of Law. He is a member of the International Trademark Association and has served as an editor of The Trademark Report, The Law Journal of the International Trademark Association.
Since joining the firm, Zachary has gradually focused his practice to all facets of intellectual property law, such as trademark, copyright, rights of publicity and trade secrets. His services include the drafting and negotiation of licensing , supply and manufacturing agreements, protection of client’s intellectual property through trademark and copyright registration and prosecution, and when necessary the enforcement and protection of such rights through litigation. Zachary has represented home builders, photographers, authors, composers, performance rights associations, song writers, clothing design companies, home designers, franchises, and corporations in the protection and enforcement of their intellectual property rights.
Zachary is a member of the Florida Bar and is admitted to practice in the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida. He is also a member of Pinellas County Bar Association.
- Best Employment Practices: Conducting Self Audits and Protecting Trade Secrets.
- Civil Seizure Under the DTSA
- Knowing Is Half the Battle: Creating a Strong Intellectual Property Portfolio
- Smelly Trademarks-Your Nose Knows
- Intellectual Property Rights Aid In Collegiate Athlete Compensation
- Meet our IP Group
- Corporate Shield From Individual Liability, Maybe Not.
- Pay Before You Play!