Dick commenced his legal practice in 1967 after a ten-year business career and the firm he led grew to be the largest on Florida’s West Coast. In 1983, he took leave of absence from his firm to assist a troubled bank, for which he served as president during its final three years. As a result of that experience he wrote the book, Crash Landing-Surviving a Business Crisis, published by Glenbridge Publishing. Dick joined Johnson Pope in 2015, reuniting with several of the attorneys from Dick’s original firm who are now Johnson Pope attorneys. In addition to Crash Landing, Dick has authored and co-authored several books and legal publications, including Regulation of Financial Planners, Health Care Mergers and Acquisitions: Physician Practices, Professional Limited Liability Company: The Entity of Choice, Splitting Fees or Splitting Hairs-Fee Splitting and Health Care and Asset Protection Tools for Florida Professionals: Strategies to Pursue and Strategies to Avoid. In 2015 he wrote Wonderlust, a book published by Glenbridge Publishing of his photography and lessons learned trekking our 7 continents.
Distinctions and Memberships
- Admitted to The Florida Bar – 1967
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America© since 2007, in the field of Health Care Law
- Florida Bar Tax Section – Chair 1978-79
- University of Wisconsin 1953 (B.B.A, Phi Beta Kappa and other high honors)
- Stetson College of Law 1967 (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Tampa Bay Watch, Advisory Council Chair
- Pinellas Education Foundation, Gender Gap Education Committee, and author of White Paper, Why Are We Losing Our Boys?
- Morean Arts Center, past Chair and Trustee
- Stetson College of Law, past Trustee
- Eckerd College, past Trustee
- Bayfront Medical Center, past Chair and Trustee