Beth joined Johnson Pope in 1979 and became the first woman partner in 1986. She has concentrated on commercial litigation and has developed an extensive practice in handling ad valorem tax issues. These matters include valuation disputes and representing owners in applying for various property tax exemptions and disputes that arise in connection with property exemptions and classifications. In the area of real estate litigation, she is experienced in eminent domain, complex foreclosures, condominium disputes, enforcement of restrictive covenants, and title and title insurance disputes.
Distinctions & Memberships
- Admitted to The Florida Bar 1979
- U.S District Court, Middle District of Florida 1980, Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals 1981, United States Supreme Court 2004, AV rated by Martindale-Hubbel
- Clearwater Bar Association Positions: Board of Directors 1985-6; Secretary 1986-7; President, 1988 – 1989
- Graduate of Leadership Pinellas and Leadership Tampa Bay
- Pinellas County Arts Council; Clearwater Art Alliance President and Board member & Florida Orchestra Board, Soloist: Sunstate and Tampa Bay Opera Corporation
- Wake Forest University 1975 B.A. in politics, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Guy T Carswell Scholar all four years
- Florida State University College of Law 1979 J.D., with high honors, Order of the Coif, Florida Sate Law Review Editorial Board
When She’s Not Working Hard for Clients
Beth is an outdoorsy type and enjoys golfing, fishing, and biking. She also has a passion for singing opera, among other genres.