Colleen joined Johnson Pope in 2002 after practicing for five years in Chicago. Colleen practices in the areas of labor and employment law, public sector law and commercial litigation. In addition to representing employers in all aspects of employment litigation, Colleen advises clients on day to day employment and personnel policy issues. Colleen has extensive experience defending property owners from Title III ADA access cases. She also represents governmental entities not only in employment issues but also in administrative issues, sunshine law and public records law.
Distinctions & Memberships
- Admitted to the Illinois Bar, 1997 (currently inactive status)
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois , 1997
- Admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit , 2002
- Admitted to the Florida Bar, 1999
- Admitted to the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2002
- Admitted to the United States Circuit of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, 2006
- Clearwater Bar Association, Chair of Labor and Employment Section 2012-2013, 2013-2014
- Leadership Pinellas Class of 2006
- Junior League of Clearwater-Dunedin
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee
- Vanderbilt University – B.A. with a double major in Political Science and Sociology, 1994
- University of Illinois College of Law – J.D. 1997
- Best Employment Practices: Conducting Self Audits and Protecting Trade Secrets.
- What Employers Need to Know About the Defend Trade Secrets Act
- Countdown to Compliance: Are You Prepared for the New Overtime Regulations?
- Fair Labor Standards Act Regulations Are Changing
- Supreme Court Update
- Colleen Flynn speaks to myLawCLE about Breastfeeding in the Workplace
- Employment issues in the event of a hurricane
- No “Finders Keepers:” Uncashed Paychecks Are Subject to Florida’s Unclaimed Property Law
- Johnson Pope is a Silver Sponsor for the 50th Annual Art Harvest
- Employers- are you using the correct I-9 and FMLA forms?