Chuck has been a member of the Florida Bar since 1981 and has a diverse commercial and business litigation practice. Those areas include real estate litigation, special asset work, employment disputes, probate litigation, construction litigation, personal injury, and a wide range of civil and business related litigation matters. He was previously employed at Harper, Kynes, Geller and Buford, P.A. and joined Johnson Pope in 2007. He is board certified by the Florida Bar in both civil trial law and business litigation. He has also been a circuit mediator since 1998 and has mediated hundreds of cases.
Distinctions & Memberships
- Admitted to The Florida Bar – 1981
- American Bar Association (Member, Litigation Section)
- Clearwater Bar Association (Member, Litigation Section)
- The Florida Bar (Member, Trial Lawyers Section)
- The Best Lawyers in America© since 2013, in the field of Commercial Litigation
- University of Florida, B.S.B.A. with honors, 1977
- University of Florida, J.D., 1980
- 30 Lawyers from Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP Recognized in “The Best Lawyers in America®” 2018 and Two Partners as “Lawyer of the Year” in Their Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers 2016
- What You Should Know Before You Sign A Non-Compete Agreement
- CLIENT ALERT: The deadline is fast approaching for Deepwater Horizon claims.
- PARTNER PROFILE – Chuck Buford
- 14 JP Lawyers Listed as “Best Lawyers 2014”