Caitlein joined Johnson Pope as a litigator in 2013 after being a Johnson Pope law clerk for two years. She handles a broad range of commercial matters for local individuals and businesses in both the trial and appellate context. Her experience includes matters as specialized as homeowner and condominium association representation, ad valorem tax challenges, and appeals addressing probate litigation issues to matters as general as bringing and defending construction defect claims, breach-of-contract issues, and appeals of the same.
Distinctions & Memberships
- Stetson University College of Law Advocacy Skill Trainer (2014–present)
- Clearwater Bar Association, President of Young Lawyers Division; Director (2013–present)
- Clearwater Jazz Holiday, Jazz Force Member (2016-present)
- Beach Art Center, Treasurer (2015–present)
- Stetson Law Review: Articles & Symposia Editor (2012–2013), Outstanding Editor Award Recipient (2013)
- Journal of International Aging, Law, & Policy: Editor-in-Chief (2012–2013)
- Stetson’s Moot Court Board: Associate Justice (2012–2013), Spirit of Moot Court Award Recipient (2013), Moot Court Award of Excellence Recipient (2013)
- Stetson Ambassadors: Ambassador (2011–2013), Ambassador Leadership Award Recipient (2013)
- Walter Mann Leadership Award Recipient (2013)
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award Recipient (2013)
- National Member of The Order of Barristers
- Florida Bar (2013)
- Northern District of Florida (2013)
- Middle District of Florida (2013)
- Southern District of Florida (2013)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (2013)
- University of Florida–Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (2010)
- Stetson University–Masters in Business Administration (2013)
- Stetson University College of Law–Juris Doctor with a concentration in Advocacy, magna cum laude (2013)
- Rawlsian Support of Elder Law, Journal of International Aging Law & Policy (Winter 2012).
- Does the Economic Loss Rule Bar an Insured’s Suit against an Insurance Broker Where the Parties are in Contractual Privity with One another and the Damages Sought Are Solely for Economic Losses?, Trial Advocate Quarterly (Summer 2013).
- Telemedicine: The Emerging Healthcare and Legal Landscape, Florida Bar, Health Law Section Newsletter (April 2014)